The Peace Across America Journey
Our goal is to complete a "peace sign" route around the US, making numerous stops along the way to volunteer and lend a helping hand however we can. The outer circle was completed during the summer of 2016 - and we're already making plans to continue it in correlation with the release of the Advomate app!
Follow our progress here!
We headed your way? Come help us volunteer (click here for more info), or, just give us a high five!
Just a few examples of great organizations we've worked with along the way:
- Kingsport, TN
- Where: Small Miracles Therapeutic Equestrian Center
- What: Small Miracles does great work using equine therapy to help children, ex-military, and others. We helped bring in, feed, clean, and groom the horses and assisted with the therapeutic lessons. Thank you Small Miracles for the amazing work you do...you truly do perform miracles!
- Little Rock, AR
- Where: Women and Children First shelter
- What: A shelter for women who have been victims of domestic violence, and their children. Cities and towns everywhere need more organizations like this to help fulfill this (unfortunate) crucial need, an raise awareness on what is a huge problem in our nation.
- St. Louis, MO
- Where: American Red Cross blood Donation Center
- What: This Hazelwood, MO location, and thousands of others in the US, accepts blood donations on a daily basis. It's quick, easy, and painless...and your efforts could save up to 3 lives! Click the link above to find one near you.
- Rapid City, SD
- Where: Feeding South Dakota
- What: We hit the Rapid City branch of this national organization and bagged up more than 300 bags of food for their mobile pantry service. This is just one of the many things they do to help out the 1 in 7 Americans suffering from hunger. See our Facebook page for pictures!
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Where: Utah Food Bank
- What: This massive facility serves as the "hub" for all food pantry operations in the SLC metro area. Last year, they distributed over 37.5 million pounds of food! We sorted and boxed a bunch of the generous donations...with a definite focus on bread.
- Phoenix, AZ
- Where: Valley of the Sun United Way
- What: We worked as advocates at their monthly Project Connect event, which combines area services that are beneficial to the homeless community under one roof. We met some great people who were down on their luck and guided them around to the various services, including housing, employment, and clothing. What a unique event! United Way is a great way to volunteer, no matter WHERE you live.
- Dallas, TX
- Where: The Bridge Homeless Recovery Center
- What: America needs more facilities like this. This massive homeless shelter has the full gamut of homeless services and is extremely organized. I was stationed in the library, where many guests go to use the computer, read, and unwind. Last year alone, they helped 34 homeless individuals obtain permanent housing...they really are a "bridge" to a better life!
- Fort Smith, AR
- Where: Carol Ann Cross Park
- What: Did a lap around this cool little park's lakeside trail and picked up trash along the shoreline, nearly filling up an entire trash bag. It's amazing how much you can do in just a couple hours! A really relaxing and rewarding way to start a day.